Advance Music and the Brick Church Music Series are teaming up to discover who the local rising star performers are. On May 12, 2017, 8 performer/groups will entertain and compete for a spot as an opening act in the 2017/2018 series.
About the Brick Church Music Series
The Brick Church Music Series is intended to promote community interaction by bringing a variety of musical performances to Williston at an affordable price. An important part of the mission is to engage the Williston community-as patrons, as performers, and as members of charitable organizations-by showcasing local and regional musical talent while providing fund raising opportunities to community based non-profit groups. You will be in great company, as past performers include:
After the Rodeo
Bluegrass Gospel Project
Carol Jones Quartet
Tom Cleary Trio
Vermont Youth Orchestra
Learn more here: http://town.williston.vt.us/brickchurchmusic
Who are we hoping will apply
Singer/songwriters, comedians, slam poets, vocalists, mimes, musicians, theatrical interpreters, classical/contemporary/avant-garde/etc., and all styles and genres...just about any performance suitable for a family audience that doesn't require a lot of space (we have a very small stage) or elaborate technology. The program presents a great opportunity for aspiring performers to do some recording if they have not done so already.
HOW TO APPLY
- Open to all who wish to be considered.
- Non-professional performers only. (*see below)
- A short written description of talent.
- Two performance examples, video (with audio}, of a combined length not to exceed 8 minutes. During sign-up, you will be asked to provide links to on-line examples on YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud or similar service.
- 8 performances will be chosen by the producers.
- Notification and confirmation will occur no later than April 15, 2017
- The music series audience on May 12th will choose the evening’s top performance.
- The top performer will receive a $250 prize..
- The top performer will be invited to open a future BCMS concert during the 2017-2018 season.
- The Advance Music/Brick Church Music Series team takes no responsibility for materials submitted.
- Submitted materials will be used solely for the purpose of selecting performers for the April 29, 2016 concert.
April 15, 2017
* Non-professional performers
Our goal is to help create visibility for emerging performance artists who have ambitions to develop their talents and grow into the ranks of working artists. We're looking for performers who've demonstrated their commitment to their art through entry level engagements....maybe busking on Church Street...or putting out to a broader community through YouTube postings. We've looking for hungry talent who need to be seen and heard.